Raleigh Family & Domestic Lawyers
Personal matters demand personal attention
There are few things in life as stressful as dramatic changes in family relationships. If you are in the process of making a legal change in your personal life, or are contemplating one, please contact an attorney with Hatch, Little & Bunn, LLP’s family and domestic law practice. Our firm has protected the rights and interests of clients throughout Wake County for more than 50 years. Our attorneys have the experience you need to get you through difficult times.
Our reputation for success is based on our ability to provide clients with sensitive understanding coupled with the legal tools to make informed, objective decisions during tumultuous times.
Our attorneys have handled all kinds of divorces from the friendliest, uncontested divorce to the most serious divorce circumstances. We believe in “minimizing the damage” and are committed to settling cases early in the proceedings without sacrificing our client’s interests. If litigation is necessary, we will aggressively seek to obtain the best results for our clients.
Whether you are preparing for a divorce, grappling with child custody or child support issues, or anything in between, we can help.
Raleigh law firm offering a comprehensive approach to family changes
Hatch, Little & Bunn, LLP’s experienced family law attorneys help people make important decisions related to all aspects of separation and divorce, including:
- Divorce — Helping clients through the process leading up to and through the filing for divorce, and assisting in protecting their interests, fairly dividing assets and custody of children.
- Child custody — Custody and visitation can be contested; our family law attorneys can help clients draft custody agreements that support the welfare of their child now and in the future. When necessary, our experienced litigators assist clients in getting the best resolution possible at trial.
- Child support — Ensuring that children receive the same support whether their parents are together or apart according to North Carolina law and the North Carolina Child Support Guidelines.
- Division of property (“equitable distribution”) — The division of marital assets and debts assets is in theory supposed to be equal, but includes many exceptions where a skilled family law attorney can help best protect your interests. Our family law attorneys are experienced with complex financial matters and divisions of business ownerships, whether small businesses, franchises or corporations.
- Alimony/Spousal support — Working to protect clients’ financial rights by developing post-separation (PSS) and alimony agreements or through litigation in court.
The above links, and definitions of family law terms, will take you to answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about how North Carolina law treats these aspects of divorce, and how our Wake County family law attorneys can provide you with the counsel and representation you need.
It is also important to know that we pride ourselves on the holistic approach we employ to meet the needs and concerns of every family law client. They often require integrated services, and thus benefit from our firm’s related practice area skills in real estate law, taxation and estate planning.
Family law covers a variety of relationships, time frames, agreements and rights, and not just formal divorce. Our attorneys have deep knowledge and experience handling:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Termination of parental rights
- Paternity Disputes
- Complex equitable distribution and division of assets including business ownership
- Spousal support / alimony
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Separation agreements
- Prenuptial agreements
- Domestic violence
- Protective/Restraining Orders
Separation Agreements are a complex and important option in the divorce process since they involve and/or impact child custody and visitation, the division of real and personal property, education, insurance, tax returns and retirement benefits.
We strive to ensure you get quality representation on all possible issues related to your unique situation. Whether you are looking for guidance to help you plan and protect your economic future and financial assets, are trying to avoid costs typically associated with divorce, need help in negotiating a Separation Agreement, or require aggressive representative in court, you need an experienced family law attorney serving all of Wake County, Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Holly Springs, Apex, Wendell, Knightdale, Morrisville, Zebulon and all other communities.
Serving North Carolina clients for more than 50 years
Hatch, Little & Bunn, LLP has provided comprehensive legal services to individuals and businesses in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Research Triangle Park, Wake County and throughout North Carolina from offices by the state capitol for over half a century. Our attorneys are licensed to practice before all North Carolina state and federal courts. Call (919) 899-9827 today, or contact us online to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys about your concerns.