Raleigh Evictions, Landlord & Tenant Lawyers
Protecting North Carolina landlords’ rights and interests
Hatch, Little & Bunn, LLP’s landlord-tenant practice section primarily represents individual property owners, apartment communities, property management companies and other landlords.
Our landlord-tenant attorneys, Bart White and Stephanie D’Atri, have handled countless residential and commercial evictions and claims for monies owed. Hatch, Little & Bunn also assists landlords with:
- Handling evictions on a flat fee or hourly basis with volume discounts on residential evictions
- Advising on judgment enforcement and landlord’s liens on furniture, furnishing, equipment and other personal property remaining on the property in non-residential leaseholds pursuant to N.C.G.S. §4A-2(e)
- Assisting owners in developing leases for residential and commercial settings
- Handling matters in district court for companies which initiated actions in small claims court but who need counsel on appeal to district court
- Advising clients as to when their management falls within the purview of the NC Real Estate Commission and direct them to Commission’s governing rules
Click here for Frequently asked questions concerning landlord/tenant law.
Helping the authorities help landlords
Knowledge of the law in this area of practice is critical to the protection of interests, the recognition of rights and avoidance of violation. This is why three times a year, attorney Bart White who heads the Hatch, Little & Bunn, LLP landlord/tenant law practice teaches portions of a course sponsored by the City of Raleigh and Raleigh Police Department to assist landlords and property managers to control or prevent illegal activity on rental property.
In particular, Bart’s vast knowledge of the law enables him to provide key insights into the intricacies of the Raleigh PROP (Probationary Rental Occupancy Permit) program, which can guide landlords through the process of avoiding PROP violations.
Whether new to the responsibilities of being a landlord in North Carolina (particularly in the Triangle area) or an old hand, below are some links to resources we think you will value as you work with us to assist you with your legal affairs.
- Triangle Apartment Association
- Apartment Association of North Carolina
- National Apartment Association
- The North Carolina Court System
- Frequently asked questions about landlord/tenant law
Serving North Carolina clients for more than 50 years
Hatch, Little & Bunn, LLP has provided comprehensive legal services to individuals and businesses in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Research Triangle Park, Wake County and throughout North Carolina from offices by the state capitol for over half a century. Our attorneys are licensed to practice before all North Carolina state and federal courts. Call (919) 899-9827 today, or contact us online to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys