Raleigh Lawyers Adept at Defense in All Criminal Matters
Handling full range of state and federal offenses in North Carolina
The U.S. Constitution provides you with rights if you have been charged with breaking the law. When you are prosecuted for a crime, or even when you are merely questioned while by police, the authorities do not act in your interests; they are focused on investigating and developing a case, possibly against you. You need a skilled criminal defense attorney to protect your rights and ensure that you get the best treatment possible to lessen the penalties of the crimes and, if necessary, to obtain the best defense possible at trial.
For more than five decades, the attorneys at the Raleigh, NC offices of Hatch, Little & Bunn, L.L.P., have lived up to our motto: “Every person who walks through our door is important to us!” If you have been charged with a criminal offense, we will work to see that all of your rights are protected and will make your best interests our top priority.
Raleigh firm has long history of successful criminal defense
The Raleigh attorneys at Hatch, Little & Bunn, L.L.P. have extensive experience in criminal and civil litigation. Criminal offenses can be misdemeanors and felonies, depending on the penalties that can be imposed. Misdemeanors, punishable by up to a year in jail, include some traffic violations. Felonies are more serious crimes that can draw multiple-year prison terms and other steep penalties. Here are some of the types of criminal cases in which we provide a strong and effective defense:
- Drug Crimes — Distributing, using or possessing illegal drugs are offenses of varying degrees and both the state and federal level. Conviction of a drug crime can be life altering depending on the punishments imposed.
- Assault & battery — An alleged threat or act of physical violence against another person, including domestic violence, can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor or felony depending on the surrounding circumstances.
- Thefts —There are multiple types of conduct that may be prosecuted as theft, including the failure to return someone else’s property or the sale of goods found to have been stolen. You need a skilled attorney who will pursue all available defenses to criminal liability.
- Gun possession — The crime of gun possession can be a felony or misdemeanor at the state and federal levels depending on the type and quantity of weapons and the circumstances of possessing them.
- DWI — In North Carolina, driving while intoxicated or while impaired by drugs (DWI) can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the level of the offense and the driver’s prior record. In addition to jail time and heavy fines, it can carry onerous penalties and restrictions.
- Traffic Violations — Most traffic violations are misdemeanors or less but some, particularly speeding, can result in hefty fines, higher long-term insurance premiums and even driver’s license suspension.
Given the potential for long sentences, heavy fines and other negative consequences, you should never face criminal charges without a capable defense attorney at your side. Our lawyers are experienced in representing defendants at all stages from arrest to trial and in obtaining successful outcomes.
Our criminal law FAQs page provides answers to frequently asked questions about criminal matters and explains how our attorneys may be able help.
Serving North Carolina clients for more than 50 years
Hatch, Little & Bunn, L.L.P. has provided comprehensive legal services to individuals facing criminal charges in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Research Triangle Park, Wake County and throughout North Carolina for more than half a century. Our attorneys are licensed to practice before all North Carolina state and federal courts. Call 919-899-9827 or contact us online to schedule your consultation at our Raleigh office.