William D. Young, IV
William D. Young, IV is a graduate of North Carolina State University and the North Carolina Central University School of Law. He attended law school while working as a Wake County magistrate judge and joined the firm after graduating in 1991.
Bill’s practice is dedicated to criminal law in both district and superior court. He regularly handles cases involving traffic violations, charges of driving while impaired, assault, battery, larceny, domestic violence and drug offenses.
Bill has served on the board of directors for Interact and was appointed by the Wake County Commissioners to the board of directors for the Juvenile Crime Prevention Council from 1999–2001. While working as a magistrate judge, he founded the Wake County Juvenile Restitution Program. Bill has served on the steering committees of both the Criminal Justice Section of the North Carolina Bar Association and the Domestic Offenders Sentenced Education Program (DOSE), in addition to his work on the North Carolina Bar Association’s Domestic Violence Task Force and the North Carolina State University Social Work Advisory Council.
He is a member of the Wake County Bar, the 10th Judicial District Bar, the North Carolina Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the North Carolina Academy of Criminal Trial Lawyers, the Wake County Academy of Criminal Trial Lawyers, the Fraternal Order of Police and the 200 Club, an organization that provides for the families of police officers killed or injured in the line of duty.
- 2017 INDY Week, Best of the Triangle – Attorney at Law
- 2014 Business North Carolina Legal Elite Criminal Lawyer
- 2013 INDY Week, Best of the Triangle – Attorney at Law
- Wake County Juvenile Restitution Program, Founder
- Board of Directors for Interact
- Fraternal Order of Police
- The 200 Club (an organization that provides for the families of police officers killed or injured in the line of duty)
- North Carolina State University Social Work Advisory Council
- Kiwanis International
- Local President, 1989–1990
- Regional Lt. Gov., 1991–1992
Serving North Carolina clients for more than 50 years
Hatch, Little & Bunn, LLP has provided comprehensive legal services to individuals and businesses in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Research Triangle Park, Wake County and throughout North Carolina from offices by the state capitol for over half a century. Our attorneys are licensed to practice before all North Carolina state and federal courts. Call 919-670-1411 today to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.